Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Learning from a story

Jesus spoke to the disciples in parables for a reason. It was so the mysteries of heaven would be revealed to them. (Matt. 13:10-16) The hearts of the pharisees were closed to that understanding. The deep things of God reach to the depth of us through His Word - sometimes through parables (stories). A lot of times Jesus had to explain the parable after He spoke it. There is one parable in particular that the Spirit reminded me of the other day while in prayer. It was a rhema to me on Grace. The parable is in Matt. 20:1-16 when the landowner hired laborers to work in his vineyard - in my paraphrased version - he hired groups of people during different times of the day to work, but at the end of the day regardless of how long they worked, they all got paid the same amount! The ones who worked all day thought that was rather unfair (I guess Pres. Obama would too - he he) but the landowner reminded them that they got what they agreed to and that he had done no wrong. I have to admit I used to think that was a little unfair too - until I found myself like the worker who was hired at the eleventh hour! He's the one who got Grace! Maybe sometimes God needs to put us in a position where we find ourselves totally dependant on His Grace. Whether we are in a bad situation by our own making or not, we all need a dose of that kind of Grace once in a while don't we? I have even gone a little beyond that in my prayer life and am asking God for more. Why? Because I can! He says to ask. So I am! John 14:14, John 15:7 - ask anything in My Name, ask what you desire and I will do it. Mark 10:27 - With God all things are possible. And one last parable - The persistant widow - Luke 18:1-8 - He says if His elect cry out day and night... He will avenge them speedily!! - Thank you God that you love us this much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment